The Pirtek hose tagging system keeps track of all hoses supplied by each centre. This is a unique method of marking our hoses for easy tracking and identification. Each year our tags are represented by a different colour scheme and marked with the year of manufacture. Down time and inventory maintenance can be reduced because each hose will reflect the original supplier details and the parts used to create it.
The benefits of hose tagging are:
- To ensure that the hoses are easily identified
- Assembly details are easily accessible
- Controlled inventory and maintenance
- Supplier accountability in the event that a hose failed
- Ability to preschedule maintenance to avoid downtime
The hose tagging system is a management tool which will improve the life cycle of your hoses through regular maintenance. Tags should never be removed from the hoses as it will affect the condition of the warranty on the hose.
How to complete a hose tag:
1. Pirtek Logo at the top
2. Contact number of the originating Pirtek Centre
3. Year of manufacture
4. Enter the Hose Type
5. Enter the End Fitting A
6. Enter the End Fitting B
7. Over-all length of the hose
8. From left to right: Month of manufacture; End Fitting Orientation; Operator Number
So, ensure that your hoses are tagged in order to enjoy the freedom of free flowing production!